Planning is underway for the 10th anniversary of the annual BRING Home and Garden Tour. We are on the lookout for leading-edge new homes, remodels, gardens, and urban farms that demonstrate sustainability. We’re especially interested in projects with the following features, whether designed and built by professionals or the do-it-yourselfer:
- Aging in place
- Creative reuse of materials
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Graywater reuse
- Green roofs
- Innovative storm water management
- Nontoxic, sustainable materials and finishes
- Solar – active (PVs), passive, and solar hot water
- Sustainable landscaping, gardens, and Permaculture
- Urban agriculture – chicken, bees, food production, etc.
- Urban density – small homes, co-housing, and accessory dwelling units
- Waste prevention, composting
- Water efficiency – xeriscaping, rainwater harvesting, and low-flow fixtures
If you have suggestions for tour sites or would like more information, please contact the tour coordinator at BRINGHGtour@gmail.com. Please include an address, description of the site, and any photos you might have. Submissions are due by March 31.