The new year is bringing a new direction for BRING. For the past 12 months we’ve been asking our stakeholders what they appreciate about BRING and how we can expand our many programs. The answers we got – and if they came from you, thank you! – are helping us chart an exciting new course.
Over the coming year, BRING will continue to provide the services you love.
- Our community education programs reach thousands of people through schools and community outreach. These fun, interactive presentations, workshops, and field trips emphasize the importance of waste reduction, creative reuse, and recycling. These programs are more important than ever, as the recent ban on plastic recycling in parts of Lane County demonstrates. Americans desperately need to rethink what they use and what they throw away.
- Our retail store gives materials a chance at a second life rather than a slow death in the landfill. Our gently-loved building materials provide inspiration to artisans, resources to low-income people looking to make home repairs, raw materials for home construction projects big and small, and resources for student and adult makers.
Over this next year, we will build on our existing programs and add new ones.
- Our goal of putting people with barriers to employment back to work was further met when we began hiring residents of Opportunity Village to be part of our waste assessment team. All of our team members are gaining transferable skills while providing for their families.
- Our RE:think Business program now offers zero-waste assessment services and sustainability reporting. Both services were requested by local business leaders who want to do more to reduce waste and improve their environmental performance.
- We have a new construction and demolition (C&D) waste recovery and reuse program that’s saving precious materials from construction sites and making them available to you.
We live in a time when it’s hard to feel like you can make a difference. At BRING, we believe small actions taken at the local level make the biggest difference of all. When you reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost, you’re part of the solution to reducing the impacts of climate change. And when you make a contribution to BRING, you’re part of a larger network that keeps our educational and action-oriented programs going. Please make a tax-deductible donation today. You’ll find it’s surprisingly fulfilling to take even small steps toward positive change in our community.